Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More Needles

Because I don't have enough knitting needles floating around my house, sitting on tables, stuck in skeins of yarn with half finished projects, in wine bottle boxes, you get the picture. Today I ordered the Harmony wood needles in the set of sizes used most to make socks.
I have some of these sizes in aluminum needles but when I try to use the thin sock yarn my stitches fall off my double points, which in turn frustrates me and I have sock yarn but no socks. So thank you to Sue from my knitting group that said she uses the wood needles and her stitches stay put. Yippee!
And I will be the proud owner of wood needles within the next two weeks and maybe, just maybe some of my sock yarn stash will become a smaller stash. Or at least that's what I'm telling my husband as the reason is when those wonderful needles show up in the mailbox. Maybe if I make him another nice pair of socks he'll understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment