Monday, March 9, 2009

Sweaters

I completed my sweater finally. It took me 3 days to decide on how I was going to sew the underarm area so that I actually thought it looked half way decent. And I'm still not convinced that it looks okay. I am now on the search for 21 buttons, that's right 21 buttons, to sew onto this sweater. So far I have not found what I want for buttons. And when I do finally find them it will take days for me to have the will power to actually sew them onto the sweater. I detest sewing, especially hand sewing, once again why it took me 3 days to sew the underarm of the sweater to begin with.
I have moved on to working on my husband's sweater, that huge, horrible boring sweater. I have finally reached the 16 1/8 inches that I needed so that I could start the fair isle and this is even worse then the boring part. I hate hate hate this chart. There is a chart for the front of the sweater and a separate chart for the back. Who thought this was a good idea? If that wasn't enough, it's tiny, the squares are very tiny and there are 326 stitches on this wretched thing. It is only March so I may be able to finish it by Christmas, but I'm not so sure.
Will post pics of sweaters as soon as I remember to actually take the pictures of them, maybe tonight, unless I decide to fight with that chart again tonight.
Until the next post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment